Bangkok to Angkor
BtoA Home - Angkor NewsAngkor Photo Tours - Travel to Angkor - Hotels & Guest Houses - Restaurants - dpmac.com
BtoA Trip Reports
Siem Reap Town Tonle Sap Lake
Angkor Temples
Pattaya to Aranyaprathet SR Town - Old Market Floating Village
Angkor Wat
Border and Immigration SR - Pub Street Tonle Sap Lake Angkor Thom - Bayon
Poipet to Siem Reap SR - Hotels Kompong Phluk Ta Prohm - Banteay Kdei
Siem Reap to Bangkok
SR - Restaurants KP Boat Donation Preah Khan
July 2007 - Siem Reap Restaurants
Breakfast with George - reviews of individual meals in Siem Reap
Girl on Bike
Viva Mexican Food - This picture is also kind of typical of Siem Reap's Old Market section, a girl on a bicycle cruising past a Mexican Cantina. When it starts to rain I have seen girls like this one put on an amazing display of speed and skill pedaling down the street to their destination.

The Ivy
The Ivy - another classic long running operation, but seems to be a little out of favor. I had a pretty lousy breakfast and equally lousy service there a few days ago and it seems that others have been experiencing the same. A real shame because it is a pretty nice location, right across the street from the Old Market.

The Happy Herb
Happy Herb Pizza - Pretty hard to miss the many pizza shops in Siem Reap. The happy herb that all the pizza joints are advertising is a layer of maryjane between the tomato sauce and the cheese. You waiter will ask you if you want just mildly happy, very happy, or extra special happy pizza. It would be advised to have a driver who knows where you are staying on hand, especially if you are feeling in an extra special happy mood.

The Dead Fish
Dead Fish - what a great name for a restaurant, for the guest house I am not so sure. I can't quite imagine sending a letter home from the Dead Fish Guest House, but some people obviously do. Another local land mark.

Panida Restaurant
Panida Restaurant - one the many new "modern style" restaurants, that seems to cater to young Chinese and Korean female tourists. It is located directly on Route 6 at the corner of the road that leads to the Old Market area in one direction and the Angkor temples in the other direction. I stopped there the other day for a lemon juice and was just barely tolerated by the cute young girl waitress. Actually bad service is pretty common in Siem Reap restaurants, it usually comes with a smile but they tend to forget a lot of things and hide in the back of the restaurant, so you have to search them out every time you want something.

Please bookmark this page, more pictures tomorrow.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (& Photoshop CS3) - eBook project

George Mann
Photo Expeditions
Digital workflow author and dpmac web master George Mann, personal photo expedition leader and on location digital imaging consultant.  george@dpmac.com

Kiesel VR300 & VR400 Hydration Camera Backpack
Kiesel VR400 Backpack
Carry up to 1.5L of water
as low as $119.99

Bangkok to Angkor - digital lifestyle digital cameras - computers - software - video games - photo & travel books

dpmac.com - digital photography news & reviews - ebook projects - photographic tours and workshops (Angkor, Cambodia)
copyright 2007-2008 - bangkoktoangkor.com