Bangkok to Angkor
BtoA Home - Angkor NewsAngkor Photo Tours - Travel to Angkor - Hotels & Guest Houses - Restaurants - dpmac.com
BtoA Trip Reports
Siem Reap Town Tonle Sap Lake
Angkor Temples
Pattaya to Aranyaprathet SR Town - Old Market Floating Village
Angkor Wat
Border and Immigration SR - Pub Street Tonle Sap Lake Angkor Thom - Bayon
Poipet to Siem Reap SR - Hotels Kompong Phluk Ta Prohm - Banteay Kdei
Siem Reap to Bangkok
SR - Restaurants KP Boat Donation Preah Khan
Siem Reap to Bangkok - flying with Bankok Air
and from the Bangkok Airport to Pattaya by Public Bus
August 8, 2007
Siem Reap Airport
Siem Reap International Airport - if you are taking a tuk-tuk it should cost $3 to get there, from most Hotel and Guest House locations in Siem Reap.

Siem Reap Airport Departure Lounge
I arrived at the airport about 8 o'clock in the morning for my 9:50 am flight to Bangkok.

This is the check-in desk right after I checked in. There was no line when I got there but it quickly filled up after me.

You will have to pay a $25 airport tax just before immigration.

Siem Reap Airport Coffee Shop
This is the Cafe Gourmet. I had a very good but as to be expected overpriced BLT and coffee here for breakfast. There is also a Blue Pumpkin and a Dairy Queen in this public area, and another overpriced coffee shop whos name I have forgotten after immigration.

Bangkok Air in Siem Reap
Passengers getting on the plane at the Siem Reap Airport.

They serve a nice breakfast lunch box on the flight and before you know it you are in Bangkok. The flight takes only 45 minutes.

A round trip ticket from Bangkok to Siem Reap cost me $285. A one way ticket is about $190.
Bangkok Airport getting off plane
I was kind of surprised when we deplaned on the tarmac at the new Suvarnabumi Airport in Bangkok. And it was raining.

Suvarnabumi Airport - Bangkok
The ultra modern architecture of the Suvarnabumi Airport.

Warning: Once you get past immigration a lot of touts will try to sell you their transportation services, they all repeat the words "I give you very cheap price" and they are all liars. Pre-arrange your limo transport or go directly to a Limo Booth and don't be afraid to compare prices.

Airport Shuttle Bus
To Take a Public Bus - When you get out of immigration go directly out of gate 4 or 5 to find this FREE shuttle bus, if you want to make use of the Bangkok city or up-country bus services.

Tell them you want to go to the Public Transportation Center (this is the one and only Bus Terminal)

BKK - Pattaya Bus Ticket office
This is the Pattaya Bus ticket office at the Public Transportation Center. The ticket from the airport to Pattaya was 125 Baht.

The Bus can be found directly in front of the ticket office.

Airport to Pattaya Bus
This bus was very comfortable and took about two and a half hours to get to Pattaya. It does not stop at the Pattaya Bus Terminal, so you have to get off the bus directly on Sukhumvit Highway at either the Naklua, North, Central, or South Pattaya Road intersections. Last stop is at Chaiyapruk Road and the beach in Jomtien.

Please bookmark this page, more pictures tomorrow.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (& Photoshop CS3) - eBook project

Kiesel VR300 & VR400 Hydration Camera Backpack
Kiesel VR400 Backpack
Carry up to 1.5L of water
as low as $119.99

Bangkok to Angkor - digital lifestyle digital cameras - computers - software - video games - photo & travel books

dpmac.com - digital photography news & reviews - ebook projects - photographic tours and workshops (Angkor, Cambodia)
copyright 2007-2008 - bangkoktoangkor.com