Superior optical performance that makes the most of digital-SLR cameras with high pixel counts. A compact and lightweight Nikon ultra wide-angle zoom lens that is compatible with the FX format and covers the 18-35mm range of focal lengths
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED, an ultra wide-angle zoom lens compatible with the FX format and offering approximately 1.9x magnification.
The AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED is an ultra wide-angle zoom lens that covers the ultra-wide to wide-angle 18-35mm range of focal lengths with a minimum focus distance of 28 cm. This high-performance lens is equipped with two ED and three aspherical lens elements for superior optical performance, yet weighs just 385 g and is compact enough to offer excellent portability. The AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED is also equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for quiet autofocusing, as well as two focus modes—autofocus with manual override (M/A) and manual focus (M)—for excellent functionality. This lens maximizes the incredible performance of digital-SLR camera with ultra-high pixel counts, such as the D600, for superior rendering. In addition, its compact, lightweight size makes for an extremely portable FX-format system when used with the D600.
In 2012, Nikon expanded its camera lineup with the release of the D4, D800/D800E, and D600 digital-SLR cameras. We are now working to expand our lineup of NIKKOR lenses that make the most of these high-performance cameras. Nikon will continue to develop and release products offering superior performance and functionality based on the optical technologies it has cultivated over its long history, and to respond to the expectations of professional and advanced amateur photographers constantly in search of ways to achieve more advanced photography and creative expression.
AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Primary Features
- An 18-35mm zoom lens that covers the ultra-wide to standard wide-angle range of focal lengths with approximately 1.9x magnification, supports maximum apertures of f/3.5-4.5, and offers compatibility with the FX format
- A compact design that weighs just 385 g makes the lens small and light enough to take anywhere
- A new optical design with superior resolution that makes the most of digital-SLR cameras with extremely high pixel counts, such as the D600
- Constructed with two ED and three aspherical lens elements for superior aberration compensation
- Superior rendering performance at all focusing distances, from minimum 28 cm to infinity
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Equipped with two focus modes—autofocus with manual override (M/A) and manual focus (M)
- A 7-blade rounded aperture for beautiful blur characteristics